In this shortened episode of Selling Your House Today, Jay Thompson, of Zillow, talks with us about finding the right listing agent for you and your house. He starts with three basic tips.
1. Find an agent that you can connect with on a personal level.
2. Use referrals carefully, but they can be a good place to start.
3. Use the Internet to see if the agent works in area where you live, has a good online presence, and markets homes effectively on the Internet.
In addition you should interview two or three different agents. Find out:
– if you like the agent
– how long has the agent been in real estate
– what is their marketing plan
– will they do open houses
– will they market in the newspaper
– will they market your house on the Internet
– what is their style
– how will you both communicate during the process of selling your home
Jay was the Designated Broker and a co-owner of Thompson’s Realty — an independent real estate brokerage based in Phoenix, Arizona. Thompson’s Realty had agents across the Phoenix Metro area as well as a branch office in Tucson, AZ. In March 2012 he decided to shift his career in real estate and follow his passions of working in the real estate technology field, working in social media, and helping other agents and brokers. He joined Zillow as their Director of Industry Outreach & Social Media on March 26, 2012.